Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New Delaware Avenue Public Library Branch


I finally made it to the newly opened Delaware Avenue branch of the Albany Public Library on Monday. It is a bit embarrassing that, as a librarian, I missed the grand opening, but, we all do our best, know what I mean? Our visit on Monday was a mission to borrow a couple of books to get inspired for Griffin's science fair project. Or as I like to call it, the %&*$ science fair project. They really hit it out of the park with this renovation! The building is totally cool, there is a decent sized parking lot and the interior is bright and beautiful. Seriously, between the schools and the libraries, Albany is looking pretty good these days. We did hit a speed bump when we approached the shelves to browse for some titles - there are no Dewey numbers and I was a bit lost. Fortunately, there was a helpful clerk who guided us in the right direction and we were able to locate some books which should be helpful as we (We?? Who am I kidding?) jump through the necessary hoops for Griffin to meet the requirements of this annual onerous task. I look forward to returning to the library for more enjoyable activities, such as Ms. Rebecca's Story Hour and borrowing books and dvds frequently. Another great reason to live in the DelSo!

No comments:

Post a Comment