Saturday, February 13, 2010

Welcome to DelSo, Able Bakers!

Able Bakers has finally opened on Delaware Avenue and I couldn't be happier! I can now look forward to walking to a bakery offering breads, cookies, cakes, pies and pastries. I can also look forward to shopping for larger sized clothes after walking to the bakery with frequency. We sampled three items today - a fabulous coffee stick (pictured above @6-12 o'clock on the plate), a sticky cinnamon roll and a traditional crumb topped coffee cake. There wasn't anything on that plate that I would hesitate to order again, but my absolute favorite was the coffee stick. It was delicate without being overly flaky or buttery, and had a lovely chocolate taste without being aggressively sweet. I am so happy that I live in a neighborhood where walking is the ideal means of travel for going to dinner, a movie, the library, a drugstore and now a terrific bakery. Rock on, DelSo.

No comments:

Post a Comment