Friday, February 3, 2012

Super Bowl Madonna

image popcrush.com
So, everyone around here is totally excited about the big event this weekend.  Apparently some of the heroes are called BIG blue but are actually wearing road whites, while the others will actually be wearing blue.  It's a huge day for sports fans in New York and New England - and it's going to be fun.  Although, it could be even more fun if they would ditch this Superbowl Sunday nonsense and play on Saturday instead. Trust me, I think folks would indulge and spend even more if they didn't actually have to take a recovery sick day on Monday.  But, I digress, what I really want to talk about is Madonna.



Last night, while I was watching American Idol (I've lost your respect, haven't I?)  there was a preview of Madonna's new video  and suddenly I remembered why I've always loved her...

She created herself - she is fabulously self-made.  Madonna wasn't packaged or produced by a record label in the same way many of today's female artists are manufactured.  And she most certainly isn't one of these Disney princesses.  Every song she sings does not sound like the last song she sang and her style has changed a million times.  She writes some of her own stuff and truly has a catalog of material.  I'm not saying it compares to what great bands produced but, damn, Madonna's been doing her thing for a long time and I admire her hard work.  She doesn't seem afraid to try anything and I respect her for living the life she wanted. I'm kind of excited for the half-time show for the first time in a long time. 

Well, what part of the game are you most looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment