Sunday, December 13, 2009

12 days of Christmas


This year I decided to try a new tradition. For each of the 12 days leading up to Christmas, I am going to bake something and surprise a DelSo neighbor with a holiday treat. Maybe I'll come to your house with some warm-from-the-oven goodness! Today I am trying a recipe from this month's Bon Appetit, Giant Apricot Scones. I've never made scones before, but the recipe seems pretty simple. The recipe doesn't seem to be accessible from the Epicurious website, but I found it online on this blog: http://elliek.wordpress.com/2009/11/17/giant-apricot-walnut-scones/

It has been an intensely busy weekend with lots of activities. I will catch you all up on Happy Hours 2, 3 &4, not necessarily in that order, asap. Until that opportunity arises, get cozy on your couch because maybe I'll be stopping over with something freshly baked.

1 comment:

  1. We love this new tradition! We are honored to have been the lucky recipients of the scones. this recipe is a keeper, thanks for posting it... I just wolfed one down...who knew the easy bake could produce such great results. How lucky we are to have just moved into the best neighborhood ever. -Lori and Ken

    ReplyDelete