Sunday, December 20, 2009

The days are about to get longer...



which is a good thing, because it is hard getting everything done, that I would like to get done, in a short day. In 2 days it will be the Winter Solstice, then we will be heading into the light of the Summer Solstice. Definitely half-full.

After a hectic week of concerts, meetings and get-togethers, I finally got a chance to continue my baking and gifting tasks. Yesterday I made a couple of batches of Honey-Cinnamon Granola and prepped a couple of loaves of that yummy bread that I love to bake on a cold day. I also took the cookie dough that I made the other night, out of the fridge and baked a few dozen M&M cookies - red and green, of course. It was so nice to have the oven on for a few hours, that I celebrated by scandalously opening a bottle of sparkling wine. Isn't that what the holidays are all about?

I ventured out about 4 o'clock and delivered granola, cookies and bread to 3 of my neighbors. Which leaves me 5 more homes to visit, in my quest to celebrate 12 Days of Christmas. Despite which days may considered the true "12 days of Christmas," I am confident that the ones a person feels in their heart are the days that certainly count.

No comments:

Post a Comment