|image from literatehousewife.com|
A gorgeous St. Patrick's Day seems the perfect time to share some things which I feel very fortunate to have in my life. I seriously could probably list one for each of those shamrocks in the picture to the right, but I wouldn't want to boast. What I do want to do, though, is encourage you to take a moment, in a world filled with challenges and tragedies, to consider some of the wonderful aspects of your own lives. A sunny day like today, when the wearing o' the green heralds nature's shades of green, which are merely around the corner, seems the perfect time to acknowledge life's blessings.
- I am incredibly appreciative of my physical self - despite surgeries and setbacks, I am amazingly strong and (fairly) consistently healthy
- I have 3 sons who are fortunate enough to have been born into a family which accepts and loves them and hopes to nurture and enjoy them for many years to come. As their mom, this makes me incredibly happy.
- I have 2 jobs which give me satisfaction and a decent enough living and access to healthcare.
- I have the opportunity to travel - locally, out of state, out of the country...
- I absolutely have the best friends in the world - 'nuff said.
- I have a partner in childrearing who consistently shares the same priorities for our children.
- I have a sibling who has had my back my entire life.
- I know that for every door which closes, another opens.
- I am positive that the future holds promise and happiness.
- I believe that I truly live a blessed life, full of love, laughter and joy.