Monday, June 6, 2011

First Friday

I have a confession - I almost always forget to attend First Friday.  It isn't that I'm uninterested or lacking in a calendar, it's just that by Friday evening I usually feel a little brain dead and, if I go directly home after work, often, I don't leave again.  I had, however, received an email last week from The Albany Art Room promoting the opening of a show called "Hackett Blooms" and I was intrigued.  60 works, created by Hackett students under the instruction of two art teachers, Sandy Smith and Dan O'Brien, would be on display and I was determined to get there.  And just look at the beauty below...
 





I wish there had been more time (always, more time!) to explore more of the offerings, but I am so happy that I got to see the gorgeous work produced by Albany's very own middle schoolers.  The show is up until 6/12, so get there. 

I'd love to think that this First Friday is a mere precursor to many more First Fridays in my future.  If I could  replicate the sunny weather and the company I enjoyed last Friday, each month, I would be a very happy girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment