2. There is a huge difference between having one's heart broken and having your ego
stomped on. The first situation requires time to heal, the later demands a realistic
examination of what the relationship really
3. Part time parenting is the dirty little secret of divorce. That's all I'm saying and I'm quoting
4. After a couple of 5Ks, a Warrior Dash and a sprint triathlon or two, I know I'm up for more
physical challenges at age 45 than I was at 35. Or 25.
5. Being alone and lonely is an improvement on being with someone and lonely.
6. Writing is a path.
7. The lines on my face are not from sleeping on my stomach. I'd better get used to them.
8. There is a deep irony in losing one's ability to see close-up while simultaneously
beginning to grow rogue hair in random places. Jury is still out on whether diminished
vision is a curse or a blessing.
9. I'm happy to get away from home for adventures but content to be in my home - even
alone.Where ever you go, there you are.
10. My brother and friends, both old and new, continue to be amazing sources of stability,
support and nonjudgmental love.
11. Speaking of love, I feel blessed to have as much love in my life as I do. Opening one's
heart and letting go of the negative creates space for the positive.
12. Relationships may change over time, but common interests like children, cycling and food
can keep a friendship alive.
13. Never believe all the decisions in life have already been made. Choices always remain.
14. Exercise, particularly running these days, is a sanity saver.
15. It is wonderful to work for a restaurant owner who understands owning a restaurant is a
professional endeavor not a vanity project.
16. Having good credit is an often minimized reward in life.
17. Ice cream and alcohol make summer fun. They also make me about 5 lbs heavier.
18. I am much more productive when I am busy.
19. I don't know why or how, but apparently I sometimes inspire people. I hope the
inspiration I provide is to live a full life.
20. The challenges in life merely make the sweet spots more special.
21. I have a new found appreciation for exercising when the temperature is high.
22. I'm not that difficult, much less impossible, to take care of.
23. Milk, and other dairy products, from Meadowbrook Farms are a luxury I am willing to work
into my budget as a necessary expense.
24. Children accept change with grace when it is accompanied by honesty.
25. Being healthy makes everything better.
26. Speaking my mind, with as much sensitivity as the circumstances demand, is best for
27. People are capable of things never imagined - both good and bad.
28. Endorphins are real. And addictive.
29. Grocery shopping can be fun!
30. Love comes from places not previously imagined.
31. Life has many chapters. Not every character makes the leap from one chapter to the
next. This is okay.
32. Worrying is less productive than work.
33. Sleep becomes less necessary with age.
34. I have a latent competitive streak that surprises me.
35. Acceptance and surrender are very different emotions.
36. I will not tolerate feeling invisible.
37. I don't have many regrets in life but, those I do have, constantly remind me to avoid
accumulating any more.
38. I love buying wine by the case!
39. There is nothing so heady as falling in love.
40. Words are very powerful to me, but without action they lose their mojo.
41. I've never been more optimistic about the future.
42. The Capital City Gastropub is going to rock this town.
43. It doesn't really matter where you are. It's all about who you're with.
44. Feeling excited about tomorrow is invigorating.
45. Being in love is the best drug in the world. Maybe even the universe.