Tuesday, February 15, 2011

3 Things I love in February (not including the Lilly boys)

image from: http://alloveralbany.com/images/Frankencake.jpg
  • Cheesecake Machismo - In the past couple of weeks I've sampled 2  of their many flavors of cheesecake and I can admit here, amongst friends, that I am now obsessed.  I've intentionally avoided their retail location (probably a good idea for someone who gets overwhelmed by too many choices) but a number of restaurants I frequent feature their cheesecakes and the flavors I've tried have been amazing!  The Wine Bar and Bistro on Lark currently has three  flavors (Wild Blueberry, Caramel Toffee and Chocolate-Chipotle) and Cafe Capriccio features a Chocolate-Mocha variety.  Although I was initially amenable to sharing a single piece with a friend, those days are done - get your own!

image from: http://cdn2.loopinsight.com/wp-content/uploads/ipad_hero_20100403-640x341.png
  • When I received that special birthmas* check from my brother (thanks, Tom M.) I immediately knew what I wanted to purchase: an iPad.  I love my Mac desktop (the 3rd in a series of Mac desktops) but wanted something with which to surf the internet, blog and socially network and the iPad has been the perfect device.  I still haven't mastered Angry Birds, but I love the portability and am constantly finding new ways to use it - sitting on my couch, at the dining room table, on the train, when traveling, when I'm getting gussied up in my bathroom... 

    *a holiday between my birthday and Christmas I like to celebrate.
    image from: image.buyma.com

  • I've got a little Kate Spade addiction thing with which you may or may not be familiar.  It all started about 3 years ago when I fell in love with a gorgeous green handbag when I was in the city one Memorial Day weekend.  I didn't dare go into the store, but I went online after I returned to Albany (too bad I didn't have an iPad then, huh?!) and saw the price of the bag, which was more than a car payment but less than a mortgage check, and did my best to forget about it.  Until some unexpected money came our way, that is... The thrill of getting that beautiful bag, which came with its very own cotton bag for protection, set an evil precedent and I am determined to one day have an entire rainbow of Kate Spade bags.  I won't admit how many colors have found their way into my special handbag closet, but, I can tell you I am very happy with my latest addition - thank you, Tom L. !  She's purple (well actually, eggplant), and if you see me anytime soon she'll be hanging from my shoulder. 

    Now, who says love is only supposed to be celebrated on February 14th?  Cheesecake, techie toys and handbags can be enjoyed every day, all year long. 

1 comment:

  1. In case you aren't, you may want to get on the Kate Spade email list. I got an email invitation today to their sample sale--lots of cute bags and wallets! They have an outlet in Manchester, too--it's a nice place to go and touch the buttery soft leather and daydream about which bags want to come and live in your closet.

    ReplyDelete