|image from wikipedia|
I'm calling this in. From paradise aka Palm Springs, CA. There may be more typos than usual. I may be almost sipping my second margarita. I am, without a doubt,
1. To be alive, the ultimate blessing, but so infrequently appreciated in a conscious fashion. Sometimes the lack of appropriate acknowledgment of what a gift life is comes from a place of ignorance, kitten eyes not yet opened. Other times it is a more conscious decision. Looking too closely can be traumatic for all involved. But, when you see that place inside of you come alive again after the drought that had been your daily life, you understand.
2. Love. Giving it, receiving it, feeling it, seeing it, tasting it. Yep, love
3. Strength - being able to propel one's way through life is a gift. Period.
4. The opportunity to travel and visit places both new and familiar.
5. An appreciation of beauty. In so many ways.
6. Optimism. I really do believe it is all going to be all right. And if it isn't, I've always got my strength.
7. Discipline. Not in a dominatrix sort of way. Sorry, fellas! I just know and accept that some things have to happen. Responsibilities and commitments have to be respected. Always.
8. Creativity. I can look into a refrigerator with 6 eggs, a hunk of cheese and some leftover ham and give you 3 courses. Easy. I can figure stuff out. I sometimes make attractive things - beyond those boys.
9. The knowledge that happiness is good. And possible.
10. The ability to hope. Imagine being hopeless? That is a sad state of being.
11. Friends who love me long and hard. No, really. In the purest of senses. Their position as last in my list is a testament to their position as a part of me.