Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wine Fest

I can't imagine a better Friday in Albany than the one I had last week.  It began with yoga @5:45 (yes, that is a.m.), lasted approximately 20 hours, and, start to finish, it was awesome. Photos below are from the 2nd Annual Albany Chefs' Wine and Dine for the Arts, which was held downtown at the Crowne Plaza.  The three day event raised money to support Albany's not-for-profit arts community and it rocked.  The photos below are from the Grand Tasting  which took place Friday late afternoon into the evening.  The snow didn't discourage any hearty Albanians from joining in the fun, (including celebrity bloggers Daniel B. and Albany Jane), and simply made the event more festive.  Can't wait until next year!    Lots of other folks have written in detail about the participants and their own experiences, so I'll just leave you with some of my visual impressions.

sea bream three ways

from one of my favorite sonoma tasting rooms

surf and turf rolls

3 gentlemen (one of whom I've babysat)

whimsical cakes by gio

can't you almost hear "take me to the river..."

joe carr doing his thing

donna actually having a chance to taste some wine

a place i've never been...

here's lombardo's eggplant - tasty stuff

hannah's hope cocoa fundraiser

2 comments:

  1. It was a great even. Sad to have missed the Opus, but always great running in to your smiling face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [blush] I thought that Kenwood Zin made a great partner for the Kobe slider. Maybe next year I need to try and get a gig pouring wine or booze there.

    Now that I think of it, none of the local distillers were present. Maybe they could all join up and get a table or two.

    ReplyDelete