Friday, January 20, 2012

Strawberry Field Forever

In case you don't know, I love baked goods. Cookies are one of my favorite things to snack on, especially with a tall glass of cold milk, but I've pretty much been disappointed by the cupcakes I've tried around town.  I don't really understand why they have to be filled with artificial ingredients and the ration of frosting to cake is usually way wrong for me.  I've contented myself with baking for myself and the boys to satisfy a craving, and usually have cookies stashed somewhere in the pantry.  I like cookies for the size and variety - and the fact that I can eat 3 or 4 and feel adequately indulged.  But, I believe I've found another option...

At last week's Albany Wine and Dine for the Arts I had an opportunity to try a new kind of delciousness - cake pops. These beauties were prepared by Strawberry Field Confections
based in Clifton Park and they were fantastic!  Their display table was eye-catching with artfully presented trays laden with colorful treats in a mind boggling array of flavors - German chocolate with walnuts, Salted caramel, lemon, pistachio and my favorite - carrot cake.
I should have had these, too!  Silly Silvia.

The carrot cake pop was moist, perfectly spiced and three bites.  I considered going back for a salted caramel one but got distracted by Yono's short ribs and the pork belly from the Wine Bar. Ah, sweet regret...I didn't get pricing information but if I had an event that demanded a dessert course, I would definitely look into these babies as an option.


1 comment:

  1. Something small and yummy in Clifton Park? I'll be checking this out!

    ReplyDelete