Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Kids are All Right

So, I’m reading a really good book – The Kids Are All Right. It is a memoir co-written by 4 siblings and relates their experiences after the death of their father in a car accident, followed by the death of their mother from an absolutely merciless battle with cancer. The story is set in Westchester County primarily during the 1980’s. The “chapters” are told in alternating voice and it is so interesting to read the individual perspectives on commonly shared experiences. The book is really hard to put down and will appeal, I think, to teens and adults alike. One of the authors, Liz Welch is scheduled to read on Thursday, April 1st at the Book House in Stuyvesant Plaza. I’ll be in NYC that evening and unfortunately won’t be able to attend. If any of you go, please post back here with a comment.

I know that this book is going to make me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment