Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Blessings

If I could just take a moment to publicly acknowledge the fact that I'm blessed with a lovely life, I'd really feel like the elephant in the room would disappear. It seems here that my life is a perpetual cycle of Sunday dinners, vacations and NYC weekends. And, it is. But, please don't think for a minute that I am not acutely aware of the fact that I am so very fortunate. You should know, without a doubt, that I feel completely blessed by all of the events, people and memories I've experienced, good and bad. All of these have combined to make me who I am today, warts, scars and laugh lines.  But, here's the thing: so many people in this world choose to hold on to that which has hurt them rather than that which has made them stronger. You know, it really is a matter of choice, of perspective,  what we decide to hang onto. And, while the options aren't always as simple as let go or be dragged, that is the ultimate decision. What's the point of this conversation? Well, as I sit here in this house in Wellfleet, with the skylight lit roof and the delightful breeze, I know how lucky I truly am. Tell me about your blessings.

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Silvia! Beautiful and thoughtful post. My blessings are too many to count, and it's funny, but maybe one of my biggest blessings is that I've been able to let go of hurt and actually see what i have in front of me. It's freed me of a lot of guilt, which has given me a sense of more freedom, which has led to loads of adventures and peacefulness. Etc., etc.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete