Saturday, February 20, 2010

Flower Show at the NYS Museum



Can you believe that spring will be here in a month? Personally, I feel as if winter never really arrived other than a brief ultra-cold spell in January, but I am looking forward to watching things poke through the dirt in my tiny front yard. Until that day comes, however, there is the annual Flower Show at the New York State Museum to get a girl through. Yas & I visited it yesterday and it definitely is a spirit lifter. The displays are in place for 3 days only and generally by Sunday afternoon, they are a bit tired looking. My favorite year in memory was when the flower arrangements were on display with the quilt show, but the photography exhibit currently hanging is pretty amazing. If you feel the need for a burst of premature spring - get there today or tomorrow. And don't forget to take a ride on the carousel!

1 comment:

  1. we didn't ride on the carousel. i feel slightly cheated.

    ReplyDelete