Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blessed to be Irish

image from literatehousewife.com
A gorgeous St. Patrick's Day seems the perfect time to share some things which I feel very fortunate to have in my life.  I seriously could probably list one for each of those shamrocks in the picture to the right, but I wouldn't want to boast.  What I do want to do, though, is encourage you to take a moment, in a world filled with challenges and tragedies, to consider some of the wonderful aspects of your own lives.  A sunny day like today, when the wearing o' the green heralds nature's shades of green, which are merely around the corner, seems the perfect time to acknowledge life's blessings.

  • I am incredibly appreciative of my physical self - despite surgeries and setbacks, I am amazingly strong and (fairly) consistently healthy
  • I have 3 sons who are fortunate enough to have been  born into a family which accepts and loves them and hopes to nurture and enjoy them for many years to come.  As their mom, this makes me incredibly happy.
  • I have 2 jobs which give me satisfaction and a decent enough living and access to healthcare.
  • I have the opportunity to travel - locally, out of state, out of the country...
  • I absolutely have the best friends in the world - 'nuff said.
  • I have a partner in childrearing who consistently shares the same priorities for our children.
  • I have a sibling who has had my back my entire life.
  • I know that for every door which closes, another opens.
  • I am positive that the future holds promise and happiness.
  • I believe that I truly live a blessed life, full of love, laughter and joy.
How about you?  On a spectacular day like today, would you share some of your blessings, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment