Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Shack Attack

Sunday morning I ran my second 5k of the year, the Shack Attack, out at The Crossings.  I had seen this event promoted on the TU's Runner's Blog and I thought it sounded like a great way to start the day.  No, really, I did.  Especially after a huge rock n roll show on Friday night and a leisurely drive home through Vermont on Saturday.  I hadn't preregistered for the run so I got there fairly early which provided plenty of time to sign up and to make new friends.  See - running is fun!

And - the run itself?  Well...it was hot!  I definitely would have preferred an earlier start than 9 a.m.  That being said, the course was reasonably flat and there was a delicious reprieve offered by a shady spot along the route.  I wasn't clear on where the finish line was (did we have to go around that little "lake" again??) so when I finally kicked in for my big finish, there wasn't much opportunity to get around the people in front of me.  I did cross the line in the top 60 (of a couple of hundred, I think) in a new personal best time of 27:50.  
 
A good run - a good cause - a good time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment