Friday, July 1, 2011

DelSo Night

What better way to start my summer vacation than a walk down Delaware Avenue?  It was the perfect evening for a stroll (in between rain showers) and I was happy to see so many people out and about.  Don't the tables in front of Pizzalo look good?  I need to give their pizza another shot soon, but, on this particular night I had my sites set on New World Bistro...

I've been hearing good things about New World's new menu and the grilled baby octopus were absolutely calling my name.  Look at them!  I took some notes while I was eating them: "Holy smoky octopus! Delicious. Tender.  Gorgeously presented like stars on little bread ovals perfectly toasted (grilled?) to perfection.  Citrusy jam - yum."  Yep, that pretty much summed things up for me.
I'm kind of a fool for fried squid and these were perfect - not greasy and the ideal balance of spicy and  sweet.  Perfect snack food with a glass of wine at the bar.  Kevin recommended the Millbrook Tocai Friulano and it was a lovely match for my seafood items - good tip!   How lucky are we in the Delso to have a wonderful neighborhood joint like this? 

I hit up Emack and Bolio's on my way home and thoroughly enjoyed sitting outside with my hot fudge sundae watching my neighborhood settling into summer.  Life is good - don't forget to taste it.

1 comment:

  1. Going there tonight, and I saw both of those on the menu...but there are also about 10 other yummies I want to try...too many delicious choices!

    ReplyDelete