Monday, October 4, 2010

Easiest Soup Ever

Last week, I asked the husband to pick up arugula at the grocery store since I was having a craving.  Naturally, he bought me a huge bag of spinach instead.  Apparently, it was on sale.  Yes, it's been that kind of week in the Lilly home... We all know I can make the best out of a challenging situation, so I've been eating spinach with everything - on a sandwich, in an omelet, steamed and topped with grated Parmesan, as a salad... I've done a helluva job consuming this enormous bag of iron and today, I was able to essentially empty the bag, singlehandedly - and this isn't even referring to my one-armed status.  

The October issue of Bon Appetit has a recipe for a Rustic Polenta-Spinach Soup and I was able to put it together this morning between a bowl of Lucky Charms and getting dressed. I have to admit, I didn't really measure anything other than the cornmeal and the flour, and there isn't even any chopping involved - so friggin' easy!  Here's your shopping list:  corn meal, chicken stock (or veggie, if that's how you roll), flour, butter, spinach, garlic, salt & pepper.  You can do this - and you will be happy that you did.  Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment